Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baking

I had planned to do a fair amount of baking, this holiday season..... but then things happened.

The abrupt problems with my dental implants, where I went from those things are rock solid to there's bone loss across all of them, and you're going to lose this one in, no kidding, two weeks. Put the kibosh on the merry holiday spirit all by itself. And dealing with the contractors for the siding and the roof, which was a major cataphony every day, though the results, I must say, are rather nice. We did lose the screwed-into-the-window-frame thermometer that we've had since about a year after we moved into the house, but we replaced it with a remote-display dealie - the sensor sits in one of the kitchen windows, out of the direct sun and exposed to the outside air, and the two remotes sit inside -- one in the bedroom, one in the kitchen. No more going to the window to see what the thermometer says. I can't quite read it...the sun is behind it/the window is frosted... So that was a good result from an unfortunate thing. And then there's French, and France, and people from France, not all of them, but certain ones, where I think it's been pretty obvious how I feel, and of course I could go on for about an hour about that.

So all of this has kind of kicked me out of the baking mood. But, like shaking off the mood that contemplation of the last in that list (I can do it, but I have to work at it), getting into the baking mood is possible. I have to work at it, but it's possible.

So today, I think I'll bake.

No comments: