Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Observation

I am sure that it will not last past, oh, two weeks from today, but at the moment I am amazed at how many multi-lingual vacation destinations do not present their material in French. C'est terrible!

Got to watch that transient familiarity with French, though. This afternoon, I asked her if she liked any songs that were in English; she said non. Just as well, I replied. To be honest, I can only think of one song popular here that was in French -- and then, only the first line. Which I then told her. (Of course, you know which one I mean!)

Whereupon I thought: You do know what you just said to a fifteen year old girl in her native language, right?

Ah, rats.

2 comments:

genderist said...

hahahahaha!!! That's funny.

There was another song that Sarah Brightman did with the London Symphony Orchestra (Time to say Goodbye). I think part of it is French, although I could be wrong - it could be Italian. There were several songs on that cd that were totally in French. It was awesome.

I highly recommend it.

Cerulean Bill said...

I just played this , and my cat perked RIGHT up.