Saturday, July 31, 2010

Breakfast

I've joked about how the one phrase I can reliably say in French now is Le Petit Dejeuner, or Breakfast (literally, the little lunch). We found pretty quickly that our guest absolutely loved French Toast, along with hot chocolate. After she'd been here a while, she wouldn't even wait for us -- just dive right into it. Wolfed it down. I went through a ton of butter, eggs, and bread, making just that. We had some occasionally, too, but she was the big consumer. Oh, she'd eat sausage, perhaps some melon -- but french toast? Absolutely. Bring it on. We tried picking up croissants from the local store. No go. French Toast, Oui!

So it's probably not so odd that I'm sitting here, thinking I could go for some breakfast, and thinking that French Toast sounds good.... if someone else would make it.

No comments: