Saturday, July 10, 2010

Nanny Nanny Boo Boo

We'd be delighted if all our exchange student brought was herself -- but she brought gifts for all of us -- wines, a CD for my daughter, a lovely book about her region of France, and a bag of nonnettes, which are small honey cakes. Oh, my goodness. I've never had nonnettes before, and now I fear I will never have any again -- they're a French/Swiss specialty, not easily available around here. Guess I'll have to learn to bake them...
I did a search for the recipe, and came across this page, which made my mouth water.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Oh yeah. Reading that I thought, hey, why doesn't he just make some! And then you said you found the recipe. :)

Can't wait to see those pictures (of the ones you end up making because I think we all know you're going to try...).

Cerulean Bill said...

I haven't actually found a recipe yet, just comments about how they have flour, honey, and rum (and based on the taste, some form of sugar on the outside), but you're right, I'm certainly going to try to find one. It looks like you make it, basically, like a jelly roll, so I might start there...