Thursday, November 05, 2009

Weathering

So I see that Blogger's come out with a new, improved editor. It does have one nice feature -- how it handles images -- but as for the rest, I'm not thrilled. Plus, the Greasemonkey Large Post Editor script doesn't work with it. So, feh.

A short period of intense rain this afternoon -- I glanced out at the deck, saw to my dismay that the cover for the grill had blown off, and was astonished upon going out there to note that not only was it rain, there was ice!

I totally don't get Verizon's problem with Thunderbird. I set up two ids for my daughter on her laptop, three on this one for me -- and on hers, they all use the same SMTP output pointer; on mine, if I do that, two of them fail -- I have to give them unique names. W, as they say, TF? Not to mention that I just looked at the Thunderbird mail handling rules for this id, which are supposed to lob comments from that mailbox to my primary one -- and I cannot see how it might possibly have been working before. There's no rule at all to say 'forward these'. So if I don't respond to a comment -- that's why. No, really.

But we're weathering all this stuff, slowly getting back into the groove, and amazed at how long it's taking to do it.

No comments: