Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday....Already?

This morning, we had fruit with breakfast. The girl who we'd brought to the anime con sent us one of those 'edible arrangements' as a thank-you gift, which I thought was pretty classy of her. It's possible that it was her mother doing it, but either way, I was impressed by it. And I did leave some of the chocolate-dipped strawberries.... after carefully eyeing them to see how they'd done it. We're keeping the 'arrangement' in my mother's refrigerator. As I got up to take it downstairs, my wife mused 'I wonder what people do who don't have a second refrigerator?' "Oh", I drawled, "I imagine they just put it in the one in the servants' quarters."

Today will be a moderately busy day -- exercise bike at 8:30, dentist (again) at 10, grocery store run at noon, and meeting with the mento at 2:30. If I get the chance, I'll bake some stuff and give him a bit.

Been getting automated 'comments' on old posts from someone pushing meds. I always delete them. I don't have to -- they're old posts, and no one is likely to come across them -- but they annoy me. If they ever get to the point of hitting current posts, I will engage some of the other security functions in Blogger. Which I don't really want to do.

No news about my cousin's daughter. My wife and I found that we were both thinking about her.

And it occured to me that if we moved the rocking chair to a different room, we could probably fit that blue chair into the den (from where my daughter stashed it, in my mother's living room). I haven't told my wife this thought, though. It'd be primarily for my daughter. Does she have me wrapped around her little finger? Well....not entirely.

No comments: