Thursday, November 05, 2009

Tacky

Here's what's tacky.

To write a book about a fierce gladiator, build it up to a point where it narrows down to a murderous death-match against a hated enemy, sprawling and clawing in the dirt and the sand of the arena before a screaming crowd of thousands of blood-thirsty spectators, each warrior scarred, bleeding, gasping for air, vision blurring, limbs drained of energy, yet still reaching blindly to kill, destroy, devastate their mortal foe --

and then - the match is over. Done. The arena is virtually silent.

And they both live.

I read all the way to the end for that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All that in "Baking Artisan Bread"?! Wow! That's some cookbook! :-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Cerulean Bill said...

You're seriously off your meds again, aren't you, CA? (g)

What, you think I list everything I read? I have to maintain SOME level of sophistication in what I share.....or sophistry, I forget which.