Monday, November 02, 2009

Stuff and Nonsense

Tomorrow we're having Verizon out to do the FiOS thing. A week ago, I had my credit card cancelled and a new one issued. I told Verizon, among others, about it. Today they informed me that my last credit card payment auto-pay had been declined. What timing!

Tomorrow's the long day -- up at about 4:45, to the polling place by 5:45 to post the signs outside, then sitting around until 8PM when we close up shop, taking about an hour to do all of the forms-writing, materials-securing, etc, then another half hour to drive the ballots and materials out to the elections office. I like doing this job when it's busy, but I despise it when it's slow -- in the primaries, we literally had stretches of two hours when nobody came in. I wish I could just tell workers to leave and come back when it's busy, but that's against the rules, doncha know.

I can't believe that Tivo doesn't let me delete channels from their 'live tv' -- ie, not recorded -- feed. My 24 year old tv can do that, but they can't? (Not talking 'blocking'; that, they can do. I just don't want to see certain channels at all.) On the other hand, as one thing I just read put it, live tv really isn't that good -- you need to tell Tivo to go find things for you to watch when you feel like it. After a while, the thought of watching live tv just to see whats there will seem.... odd. Have to admit, they have a point.

Looking forward to doing some work for that hospital. I think it'll be grunt work, but, you know? It's nice to be wanted.

2 comments:

genderist said...

I can't handle live tv anymore.

I'd rather (gasp) turn the tv off than watch it live...

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, that seems to be their message. We'll see how it plays out.