Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Out the Other Side

I survived, somewhat to my surprise.

The day was as long as ever. We had fewer staff than ever, so it took longer to close everything up than I thought, making me one of the last ones to show up at the election center. Once again, I found that my dandy checklist had some errors in it -- sometimes, I feel like Doctor Claw, swearing that next time, I will be victorious -- but not too bad. We sent out for pizza, which was fun - yeah, this is my home number, but I'm not there; we're actually at a church, only, not the CHURCH church part. Not too much strangeness, overall, from the voters -- one woman was so old and slow moving, I walked out to her car with her. One guy tried to vote using the dummy-ballot display screen that's supposed to just show you what the ballot will look like. His wife thought that was pretty funny.

But we survived. Oh, and now the house is FiOS-ized, too.

2 comments:

genderist said...

He tried to vote using the dummy ballot display? I'm loving that one. You should get plenty of mileage out of that story. :)

If I were his wife, I would've thoght that was really funny, too...

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, I did think it was funny, but the aura they both gave off was that this happened all the time -- she's the sarcastic, chiding wife who can't figure out why she married him; he's the lovable doofus who ambles through life wondering why half the M&Ms are upside down.