Sunday, November 29, 2009

Actions on a Sunny Day

We went to Mass early this morning. The priest seemed half asleep.

We put out four more, for a total of five, strings of Christmas lights (I resist calling them 'holiday lights') -- two old-style (screw-in bulbs) strings across the tall and currently barren bushes just in front of the front door; two 'mesh light' strings on the tall bush where the front walkway meets the driveway, and the existing one string on the large bush down at the base of the driveway. If we have the time/energy, I might put out one or two more, but these look nice as is.

We went to the military cemetary where my mother and father are buried. It seemed odd, seeing their names together on that slab, but it also seemed right. At my mother's funeral, the registrar had said we could have a phrase put at the bottom of the slab, and we chose 'Loved Honored Remembered'. I liked it then, and I like it now.

2 comments:

STAG said...

Imagine my surprise when I found out that I am allowed to be buried (when the time comes) in Beechwood Cemetary. (That's like....Arlington but with civilian neighbours.) And my wife can join me on this long trip. Oh well, guess a 20 year career is good for something, even if, like artists, military people are only appreciated after they are dead.

Cerulean Bill said...

Twenty years? Beat me by 12.....