Friday, May 01, 2009

Soggy Plns

I tend to anticipate things.

If I have to be at the airport at 9AM, and it takes, at most, an hour to get there, I'll leave around 7:30 -- because, hey, you never know. So though my plan was to finish the mowing today, I thought, hey, you never know - so I finished it yesterday. This morning, it's raining. In fact, it's supposed to rain for the next three days, off and on. I'm not pleased about that -- this is all that grass needs, more reason to grow quickly -- but I'm glad that I was paranoid about it, and got it done early.

The plan is that around 1130, I'll pack my stuff into the car, hit the ATM, and then pick up my daughter at school and hit the road. Mapquest says that the elapsed time should be about four hours, door to door; since we'll almost certainly stop for something to eat on the way down, I'm thinking it'll be closer to four and a half, which will get us there about half an hour before we need to. Unless things slow us down, that is. Hey, what could slow us down in a small town to which we've never been before?

Maybe I should leave a little earlier.....

No comments: