Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Notes and Observations

I haven't been writing much of late, mostly because when it occurs to me to do so, I either have something else to do, or my daughter's glommed onto the laptop, the result of hers being hors de combat for at least two weeks. We have been contemplating getting a replacement -- 0ne of those small HP 1000 minis -- but we're likely going to hold off on it until we see what it looks like to get the current one fixed. Next time, though, we swear mightily....and might even mean that.

Next Tuesday is the primary, and I think things are going to be a little rough for my group. We have eight people, and three of them have announced that they won't be able to make it. I suppose we can do with four, if we had to, but there would be some serious delays. I've talked to a couple of volunteers, and two said they couldn't make it, while one, who was eager to do so, was under the impression that she could spend two or three hours at a stretch, not the fifteen hours that this will take. Most of the day, I don't think it will matter, but there will be times....

Not too much baking, lately. I find myself occasionally thinking of that culinary school in Maryland. That'd be fun, I think. No idea how expensive, though, even for just a week.

No comments: