Monday, May 25, 2009

Wheelin'

I just went for a bike ride with my wife. This is a good thing, both for the obvious idea that it was some exercise, not to mention, time with my wife, but also that it was a bike ride. For a long time, I haven't been able to get onto a bike -- the act of tilting to the left and swinging my right leg up and over was beyond me. Last week, I discovered that if I removed the seat entirely, I could get my leg over (turning around afterward and putting it back into place). This evening, I was able to get on without doing that. I did have the seat way down, and I had to support myself against something solid while I tilted the bike -- but I did it.

I'm pleased. Still a little scared of falling, but -- heck, it's a start, right?

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Happy trails to you. I always use a helmet and I have a gel seat, because I am padded in all but that area!

Cerulean Bill said...

This is a relatively new bike -- about two years old, but, since I don't use it much, in pretty good shape, including the seat. My padding's pretty good there, as well.

I would like very much to get back into riding routinely -- not a power rider by any means, nor with any desire to be one, but even twenty minutes of riding every couple of days would be nice.

I do worry about falling. If I break something again.....