Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Readings

I haven't been doing a lot of reading lately -- no special reason, just hasn't happened -- but that's starting to change.

For one thing, I got a note from the libe saying that they just found this interlibrary loan request I'd made two months ago (Baghdad at Sunrise), realized they'd never fulfilled it, and wondered if I still wanted it. Well, yeah! And yesterday, I picked up the Influence book, and started reading it; pretty interesting stuff -- occasionally dry, but clearly intended for the layman (like me). So there's that.

Plus, there's the reading on artificial intelligence, which goes in fits and spurts, but is usually intriguing.

Of course, I still have the (cough) Audacity of Hope book waiting to be finished (I do like it, I just haven't been up to thinking about it, and if you're not going to think, what's the point?), plus a couple of others (Better, for one, and a couple of novels). And yesterday, I got the current version of the rules for running a local precinct's election process; pretty much the same as before, but some twists because it's a primary (hence, you have to do things a little different depending on political party). I'll want to look very closely at that, too. Can you say OCD?

This cold isn't helping my thinking process, but every so often, I feel a light switching back on in a dusty, abandoned part of my brain as I look at these different things. I rather like it.

No comments: