Thursday, February 01, 2007

Interventions

This morning, at breakfast, we were teasing, and my wife mentioned that when she was a kid, she had a Betsy Wetsy doll. She pointed out that she and her competitive sister both had one, though hers had the molded hair, while her sister's had the real hair. I looked at my daughter and said 'This is why you have no brothers or sisters, kiddo...so that when you are an adult, you won't be remembering who got the last waffle or the better toy.' My daughter walked behind my chair, rested her arm on my shoulder, and said to my wife 'This is an intervention, Mom. Its been forty years -- give it up!' And then she broke out laughing.

Is she a great kid, or what?

2 comments:

Rach said...

Sadly, most times it's a competition and as a parent I've learned to try to make things as fair as possible. Not easy at times!
Your daughter's quite quick with the response. Too funny!

Cerulean Bill said...

She's better, frequently, than me -- don't tell her!