Monday, February 05, 2007

XBlogs

I've noticed that two blogs I read have announced intent to change -- one switched to a brand new one (I think reflecting that the person got married), and one saying that she intended to delete the blog, didn't, but still might (reflecting a change in her creative energies). I was quite surprised to find how much this disturbed me. I didn't go manic or anything, but still: these are 'people I know' (though I've never met either and don't expect to). I rely on them to be there, to be part of my comfortable and familiar environment. They can't change!

Weird, huh?

Maybe I'm just projecting the queasiness in my life -- the ortho surgeon told me this morning that the 90% or so recovery that I have is probably as good as I'll get (which I expected, but still....) and tomorrow I meet with the dental surgeon, when I find out the details of whats planned. I am so not looking forward to that!

7 comments:

Cerulean Bill said...

Test comment.

African Kelli said...

ha! It is working. I swear this is the first time in weeks!

Cerulean Bill said...

I believe you, Kelli. No one who tells me that her middle name is Pissy would lie about lesser things...

Rach said...

I know what you mean. I get used to hearing from certain people regularly, and when one goes off the blog scene .. I miss them.

Wishing you the best of luck at your appt tomorrow.

Cerulean Bill said...

It's like finding out that a neighbor you liked moved away over the weekend, and didn't tell you that they were leaving.

The thing tomorrow won't objectively be a big deal -- its just going to be a discussion of what he plans to do. I have to find out how long this whole thing will take -- I'm guessing that the total elapsed time will be about eight months -- and how long I'll be without the ability to chew -- which is what really has me freaked out. If you search for 'dental implant hybrid', they frequently -- but not always -- mention giving the patient a temporary denture plate immediately after extractions are done. Thats what I hope will happen. I'll find out tomorrow -- unless he has some NEW surprise for me!

genderist said...

I'm not going anywhere. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

...and thats another thing...the blogs you wish would go away just keep popping up....

I'm KIDDING!!!!