Thursday, February 15, 2007

Let me get this straight...

Okay, they got out of school early on Tuesday because it was starting to snow heavily, with ice predicted.

And they got out of school on Wednesday because it was still snowing intermittantly, and there was ice all over the place, plus, most roads were not yet cleared.

But they got out of school today because the school parking lot isn't cleared?

And they're off tomorrow and Monday because of a federal holiday, which, last time I looked, is only one day long?

Why, when I was a lad, we had to shovel coal uphill both ways in the snow, and go to school besides! (Harrumph)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must have snow days -- I can't imagine the school giving up that attendance money otherwise. The principal would be out there with a shovel himself to get that money if that were the only way to get the money.

What a bunch of sissies!

Cerulean Bill said...

They do build in three days, I think -- and they just used two of them. I confidently predict that we will hear weeping and gnashing of teeth, come June, when the kiddies have to hang around a couple of more days.

Tabor said...

Gee, so did I. We must have lived on the same hill of coal!

Cerulean Bill said...

And did I mention having to milk the cows, feed the horses, do the taxes...?