Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It Begins

Actually, it began with an innocuous comment. My daughter had gotten 23 out of 25 on a science quiz, and I said that if she kept that up, she'd be pretty sure to be able to get into a good college. Whereupon she stared at me and informed me, in no uncertain terms, that of course she was going to get into a good college -- and, by the way, it'd be good if it was an all-women college. Like Bryn Mawr, I said? She'd not heard of it. Truth to tell, it was one of only three that I could think of, and as it turns out, one of those has been co-ed since 1969.

So I've sent off for some information from an organization called The Women's College Coalition, to see just whats out there. Good college. Affordable or with scholarship programs. And All- Women.

The great college search begins.

No comments: