Sunday, February 25, 2007

Shivering Angst

I'm sitting in the kitchen, typing on my work laptop, the home laptop having become completely dejuiced by the daughteroid. And I'm feeling apprehensive. I realized a while back that when I am cold, I am more likely to worry; since outside it's snowing (better than inside, I suppose), the kitchen is chilly. I could go put on a sweater, but that would be logical.

I'm also a little apprehensive about the dental thing. This is, as someone or other would say, illogical; I believe that what I'm doing is right, and I believe its got a good (though not overwhelming) chance of success. What worries me is some of the ancillary stuff, like the bone graft -- will it hurt? Will it work? I know they'll give me Strong Drugs, but still: I worry. I'm also not really looking forward to the full upper plate denture that I'll have to wear while the upper jaw is healing from its various travails -- extraction, grafting, implant base insertions. I'm guessing I will have to wear it about six months. I can blithely say 'hey, if this doesn't work, fine, I'll just wear dentures, which is what I anticipated for years, given my dental health', but when it comes right down to it... I worry.

I need to calm down. Right now, I'm tense enough that I find myself getting paradoxically angry at the things which normally calm me, like reading. It takes too long to read, I growl to myself. Which I know is B-zar.

Maybe I should take a nap.

3 comments:

Sweeti said...

Or a Zanax, Or both...I'm sorry this dental experience has you so up in arms.
You'll do great, You like I always worry though, Sigh...

Cerulean Bill said...

There's a thought.... I do get tense about this stuff. Whats particularly weird is that when I analyze it intellectually, I can find no reason (or little reason; success isn't assured, after all) for the tension, but collectively -- oh, yeah.

But in about a year it'll be over. I think. Unless ANOTHER reason for delay pops up.

Sweeti said...

I always believe it happens in Gods time, and if it's meant to be it will be and no sooner or no later.