Friday, January 12, 2007

Weak End

I don't often get to the weekend thinking the classic 'TGIF', but this week, yeah. I've been through the wringer, between the travails of my daughter's guinea pig, having to do administrative stuff at work, and trying to get a piece of technical work done. The last has been particularly grueling, as it ought to have 'dropped right in', and instead, after five days, still isn't working. Along the way I found that there are at least three different ways of getting a particular bit of data, one, and possibly two of which corrupt the data in hard to find ways, and also that there is information that is freely available on one system, but available on the other only if you know the secret handshake.

I would like to unwind this weekend, but we're going to -

  • take the daughter for a haircut
  • take down the tree
  • start putting decorations away
  • take down the outside lighting

and I'd like to

  • bake some bread
  • read one of the three books I have out or the two books I bought three days ago
  • get that damn technical work done


Damn, just looking at the list wears me out....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don' feel so bad now I haven't taken down my tree or decorations yet either,...I'd rather be baking.

Cerulean Bill said...

Me too!