Sunday, January 07, 2007

Meatballs, Musing, and Mayhem

This is the day when we have our annual holiday get together. It's not a party, per se -- we don't play games, or have door prizes -- but just an opportunity to get together with our neighbors, particularly the ones we don't often get to see, or with the new ones, whom we've hardly seen at all. We normally get about fifteen people. The highest has been about twenty two over the course of three hours; the lowest, about five (there was a flu epidemic that year). We serve modest food (Lisa Meatballs, which is just small MBs in a sauce of grape jelly and steak sauce; quite tasty), chips, pretzels, and cookies. I'll offer the remains of my cheesecake, and the chocochips I made the other day, too. No alcohol, but milk, cider, flavored water, and soda. Stop by!

I was up early this morning for a product upgrade that didn't work, which means, groan, I get to do it again on another day. My enthusiasm for these things is dropping rapidly. I spent a little of that time thinking about retirement, and what I want to do, which segued into thinking about things I want to do this year that could become recurring activities. Donation of time and money to things I care about, including things to do with kids and schools. Photography, including portrait photography, which I've always admired, and landscape. And some more things, which I might talk about later.

I also spent some time casually leafing through Google image search, where one page happened to have a picture of the Batgirl character. I've always wished I could do decent sketches, so I spent some time looking through what turned up. Turns out there are quite a lot of various takes on what she might look like, from gritty to glamorous. Here's some of my favorites --

























Sources -
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/lacru/batgirl6.html
http://projectkooky.com/dylan/sketch/batgirl.jpg
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/lacru/batgirl9.html
http://www.outzone.ru/post/date/2006/01/21/

No comments: