Thursday, January 04, 2007

Barack

I like Barack Obama, I really do. I don't think he's quite ready to be President, though he's certainly more ready than our current resident president. But when I saw this, I realized: this guy has more on the ball than I thought. In fact, he's damned near awesome.



and then theres this:



Not everybody likes or trusts him --

"[Obama's] wife's income as an administrator at the not-for-profit University of Chicago Hospitals nearly tripled to $316,962, from $121,910," the AP reported recently.

"In 2005, she was also elected to the board of directors of west suburban Westchester-based TreeHouse Foods, which calls itself the nation's largest pickle and pepper supplier. For that, she received $12,000 and $33,000 from a subsidiary.

"She was promoted to the hospitals' vice president for community and external affairs in March. Obama said that his wife, who, like him, is a Harvard law school graduate, was deserving of the promotion and raise."


-- but this is still pretty amazing stuff.

No comments: