Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Learning

I like to learn and to think about things that have nothing to do with what I actually do for a living. I think this is a form of fantasy, though when compared to others which involve whips, fast cars, and the manipulation of the federal deficit, it's probably harmless.

The way that I do it is this: once I find an area that I like, I read everything that I come across on the subject, to whatever depth I can understand, and for however long I can stand.

I still think that there must be a better way, but the only one that comes to mind is going to school, and that starts at too basic a level (they want you to have all the basic knowledge before moving on), takes way too long (years, when all I want is a good understanding) , and way too much committment of time and money.

I want knowledge, not a degree.

No comments: