Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bad Ideas

It is apparently a bad idea for both parents to go back to work on the same day that the child goes back to school. Much angst. Doesn't help that outside the sky is dark and gloomy, with drizzle. All we need is a mournful soundtrack.

One of the exercises I was introduced to on Friday is a 'finger walk', where you put your fingers on the wall and walk up. This is, no kidding, very difficult for me -- and it does not help that my fingers slip on the wall. I just tried it here at home, and got twenty seconds into it. Need a non-skid wall surface. There is a wooden deal that you can get (surprisingly, the therapy place doesn't have one!) called a 'shoulder ladder; it consists of thirty six ledges, an inch and a quarter apart, that you climb up with your fingers. I'd buy one, but they're about a hundred dollars, including shipping. Seems like a bad idea, though my wife says its certainly okay with her.

I told my daughter we're both quitting and going to use her college fund to live on. I don't think she believed me when I said I was kidding. Nudder bad idea.....

================
Update: Shoulder Ladder:

We have doors into the kitchen. They are louvered doors. The louvers are slanted, and are about an inch and a quarter apart. We just nailed a thin strip of wood above the top louver. In normal position, the strip is against the wall and invisible. In door-closed position, the strip is accessible. For the cost of one used nail and a piece of wood, we have: a shoulder ladder. Yes!

1 comment:

genderist said...

Fabulous ingenuity!