Monday, August 14, 2006

Good Healer

That was the surgeon's comment today, right after he informed me that the head of the humerus had been split into four fragments that would never have fused. Also, he said I don't have to wear the immobilizer any more. Or a sling, for that matter -- he wants me to use the arm as much as I can. Which, given that it's pretty weak, is a good idea.

I finished reading Chasing Daylight. It was okay. Now I'm going to start Team of Rivals. Wish that I could tear out chapters and read them one at a time. I may need a wrist brace from the weight of this tome. Yet its something that I want to read.I like this stuff.

An observation: Night tables are too small. I can never see the time on the clock unless I get partially up. Books and magazines are occasionally in danger of falling, as are any liquid-filled glasses. I know, problems of the idle rich.

But I am a good healer.

4 comments:

genderist said...

Congrats on the good news from the surgeon!! Your arm will be stronger before you know it.

Cerulean Bill said...

It is, it is -- what with picking everything up with just that one...

Oh, you meant the OTHER one?

Rach said...

That's fantastic news from the surgeon. You're well on your way to a great recovery, by the looks of it.

Now don't you go overdoing it with that huge book you plan on reading. ;)

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, lets see. I can lift about three pounds with my left arm. I think thats about ten chapters(g)...

I really am pleased. I have been very fortunate in all of this. Even the scar looks like its going to be hidden by my shirt, and ony a thin line when it isn't.