Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gloominess

This has been somewhat of a gloomy day, I'm sorry to say.

This morning, I talked with my wife about this project that I'm on, and got her -- well, not mad at me, per se, but mad and directed at me. She thinks I'm taking the project way too personally -- that I'm giving myself blame when I should be recognizing that I have done all that I could do to make it work. I suspect she's right. I just hate not being able to make this thing work. It makes me feel incompetent.

Yesterday, I bought two GoPhones from Cingular. One works fine.

And I just got back from a visit to the oral surgeon who was supposed to do my dental implants. He still can -- but now it appears I need a bone graft, and I need six, not four, implants. Which means that the cost just went to about $15,000, of which my insurance would pay about a third. Ouch, to put it mildly. Plus, if I go this route, its four months for the graft to take, then another four months for the implant to become solid. So instead of being done in six months, its more like nine or ten. Double ouch.

Guess I'll be working for a while more.

Oh, and the arm's getting better but the strain of the new exercises isn't getting any easier.

One amazing note, though. I told this to my wife, saying that I guessed I'd be getting a partial denture instead (which costs substantially less.) She said: Money is no object. She's as sensitive to cost as I am, but when it comes to my health, she simply does not care.

Geez. I should be that good to myself.

No comments: