Sunday, August 07, 2011

Instapaper

This is a marvelous little tool -- probably more marvelous than I know, because I tend to use it in a pretty simple mode -- that lets you take a web page and save it off, so that you can read it later. I think of it as a companion to Google Reader, which I like, but which deletes pages, once I've read them. (You can say 'save this', but it only saves till the next time you come into the Reader. Eventually, I come in, and forget, and it's gone.)

Instapaper keeps it, more or less, forever. And every so often -- like just a few minutes ago -- I go into the archive and think Oh yeah, I wanted to read that, its a good article.

How good is Instapaper? You can use it for free, or you can pay for exactly the same service. I'm going to pay.

That's
how good.

No comments: