Friday, August 12, 2011

Feeling Apres 9/11

I just heard about the Court of Appeals ruling about the Obama healthcare initiative.

They're confident it'll be overturned. Of course. You bet.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels that things -- good things -- are spiraling away from us, that the forces of evil (which I define loosely as 'things that make life worse for most people') are winning. That not only does nothing I can do matter worth spit, but that there isn't anything I can do, anyway, because its all run by money, tens, hundreds of millions of dollars of it, greedheads gobbling it all up in return for power, and I don't have enough to get their attention. Or even a polite nod. Or even....anything.

Makes me want to just curl up and say fuck it. I should just think about what I can affect, ignore the rest if I can do it without harm to my future, and keep my head down.

Kind of like post 9/11.

No comments: