Sunday, August 28, 2011

Events

After two hours, the light switch in the kitchen is changed. I cannot believe how hard it was. Most of it is that the concept of flexible does not appear in the same dictionary as copper wire. There is no fear as great as what if I trim too much off the damn wire in the wall and I can't make it reeeaacchh to get into the switch? I suppose there's a fix for that. It likely involves the arrival of a snickering electrician with a splice and a hefty bill.

We got the new printer installed. Pretty cool. Well, I assume it's pretty cool. We haven't actually used any of the slick features, like dual sided printing, faxing, and printing directly from email. We haven't even scanned anything yet. Did make one copy, though. The neighbor stopped by, said their printer was broken, and asked if they could use ours. We reallly probably ought to use some of those other features before we actually need to be able to do it, huh?

Tomorrow's first day of school. And, true to form, three days later, they have a day off. Even my daughter thinks that's strange. Why do they call it the first week of school? she asked. Why don't they call it The First Four Days of School? Heck if I know. That would assume reasonability on the part of the administration.

I had gotten a couple of things to give to my wife's sister for her birthday, but as we didn't get up there, we still have them. I'm thinking that collection of George Carlin material isn't going to make it into the box. Irreverent is what he was on a mild day.

We're going to need to watch spending for a while. We're still feeling aftershocks from the Summer of Spending Largely. France. Exchange Student. College Road Trips. Argh....

I have to go practice French now. This amazes my daughter. Truth to tell, it amazes me, a little bit.

No comments: