Thursday, August 11, 2011

Activities

Things are starting to heat up, just a bit. Which is ironic, because the temperature is dropping, just a bit. We're getting the weather now that we expect in June....and in June, we got August's weather. This is strange, though it does bode well for when our visitors come next year.

The heating up is in two areas. For one, I start back with French lessons next Tuesday, and will go from there on, one half hour each week, interactive with the French instructor via Skype, plus homework each week to practice reading and conjugation. I think it will be boring but I also think it'll give me the structure and basis that I need. I'm looking forward to it. Am I a French geek? Well, last night, we went to B&N, and as we sat drinking some coffee, I was leafing through a French dictionary. Don't you have one that size? my wife asked, mildly. No, this one is bigger, which means I can read it more easily. And the keywords are in color. Ah, she replied.

And I'm starting an exercise program (again). I've hired the woman with whom I worked out (that didn't work so well; she's in much better shape than me, though it didn't hurt for me to be seen with this attractive woman). She's going to design an exercise routine for me -- weights and cardio. I'll check in with her periodically to tell her, honestly, what I've done, how it went, and what my current stats are. My goal is to lose twenty pounds by the end of June 2012. On the one hand, that's only two pounds a month. On the other, this is me, so who knows?

A minor third (is that a musical term?) is that I'm going to expand my cooking range, a little bit. This, in preparation for the visitors next year. First up, "sirloin croquettes". Then, home made onion soup. To be followed in about a week by a corn chowder. I'm also looking at fish dishes. Have I mentioned how I hate most fish? Should be....interesting.

No comments: