Sunday, September 20, 2009

Nice Stuff

I'm in a good mood, which doesn't actually happen -- or at least, occur to me -- all that often.

Part of it is the weather. It is forty six degrees out. 46! It is absolutely gorgeous out, and there's a chill in the air. I wish that every morning could be like this.

Part of it is making a discovery with food the other day. I'd said that I am not an experimenter when it comes to food (or really, much of anything), but the other day, I was having a dinner that included dunking some bread I'd baked in the Boyajian dipping sauce, and I thought you know, this stuff smells like a pizza! Now, you have to understand, I was a little -- okay, a lot -- disappointed in the 'pizza spices' that I'd bought from King Arthur. They smelled really good, but when I mixed them in with the dough, I didn't get hardly any tang at all. This dipping oil, though -- it smelled right, and it's got olive oil, too. So I'm thinking, next time I bake some bread, I'm going to mix in the oil, see what happens. I may have discovered something. How about that?

So that's it!

No comments: