Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Giving an Inch

My daughter has said that she'd really like to have a pet, and so my wife and I were kicking around the idea of getting an adult cat. Yesterday, she said that a friend of her's has a pregnant hamster, and could we take one? Well, yeah, we said, we could. Got to check cage size and such,but yeah. Because, she said, I know you've talked about a cat, and Dad says it'd be okay at some point. My wife nodded, saying Not while color guard is in session, but in October, we could start looking.

On a walk yestrerday, she said that while a hamster or cat would be okay, what she really wants is a dog. How do you feel about walking them on cold days, cleaning up droppings, and the like, I said, and she cheerfully said Oh, I'd do that, no problem! Kiddo, I replied, you didn't like cleaning up after the guinea pigs, and they're in a cage right there in your room! Yeah, but.......

No comments: