Friday, September 25, 2009

Dental the Menace

The other day, at what was supposed to be the final visit with the oral surgeon, just a checkup, he expressed shock and dismay that his last iteration of dental wizardry went, as Robert Burns would say, agley -- the dental appliance seems to have pushed the skin on my jaw up, forming a ridge. Oh, he said, we need to fix that or you're going to lose those implants. He didn't seem to want to mention that prior to him doing his stuff, the jaw was just fine, so the odds are, it's something he did. But, okay, now, for the next week or so, I'm not wearing the appliance at all, hoping that things will return to as they should be.

Which is why, with my sudden lack of chewing ability, I'm really frosted about finding this:

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Sounds like you may need a new dentist.

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, you never really know if these guys know what they're doing, but I think he's okay. I suspect that what happened was he was in a hurry -- they were supposed to do this yesterday, but when I showed up two weeks ago for the prelim checkout, they were ready to rock and roll. I got the distinct feeling that the time they'd allocated was enough for a checkout, but not for the actual work.

Overall, I trust this guy. He's very cautious, which I like.