Monday, June 29, 2009

Traveling

Next time that we go to my cousin's house, halfway out on Long Island, I'm either

a) renting a small RV with a toilet in it
b) hiring an aircraft to get us there in two hours, or
c) ensuring that nobody eats for four hours prior to departure.

The function on Google Diections where you can drag their suggested route to go a different way is nice, but what they need is the ability say 'show me the route with clean public toilets no more than two hours apart'.

Still, it was fun to see them. And I did come home to find that I'd won a Golden Llama award from the fellow at Memoirs of a Distractible Mind, so that was cool, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your Golden Llama Award!

(I'm so sorry I missed it! :-( )

Carolyn Ann

Cerulean Bill said...

I am, as well. It was a wonderful day, from the hot air balloon at dawn to the catered cookout at dusk. Of course, the strolling accordianists and the Danish Trampoline Team (they called themselves 'The Danish Tramps, and after dark, we found out why) added to the magic. Quite the day.