Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Knit Wit

This morning, I was leafing through the paper and came across an ad citing a specific woman as a 'model, mother, and fashion maven'. Why can't I be that, I complained. My wife said that I was a model -- at least, a role model -- for my daughter; being a mother was biologically impossible (I've been called one, I muttered), and as for fashion, I wasn't someone to whom that was important. Fashion's important to me, I said. Really? Name the people who made the last suit you bought. I thought for a moment. Craftsman, I replied. I remember reading about the 'craftsmen who make Saville Row suits, and being amazed that they could do that and still make all those nifty little wrenches and stuff for Sears, too'. For some reason, she didn't buy this.

I did spend a little time looking around for underwear, though -- I hate shopping, period -- and was surprised to find that it's possible to buy "Death or Glory" knit boxers. I think that would fit right in with my personal style.

No comments: