Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Charting Obama

I've been getting the feeling that the President is doing lots and lots of things, to the point where I can't remember all of them. I agree with most of them (the costs are beginning to worry me, though), but I would like to have a better grasp of whats going on. So, I made myself this little chart,based solely on the 'Obama' references in a Google news scooper. It's just the items where they say 'the administration is doing this', not actions by individuals in the administration, or other people. I know its incomplete, but hey....

On the off chance that others might be interested --

Foreign Policy:
Warns against direct involvement with Iran
Vowed to protect South Korea from North
Talks with Israel about settlements



Financial:
Will limit Fed lending power, grant it more systemic regulatory authority
Will recommend a non-regulatory insurance oversight office
Will allow SEC, CFTC to regulate derivatives


Human Services:
Federal benefits to be extended to gay/unmarried partners



Health Care:
Lobbies doctors for support of changes



Government:
Nominates new head of FCC
Nominates new head of CPSC
Nominates new Supreme Court justice



Science:
Urges action on global warming

No comments: