Sunday, July 13, 2008

Socked

I have difficulty putting my left sock on -- literally have to do about two minutes of stretches before I can get limber enough to bend over far enough to get it on. There are days that I go out without socks, just because it can be such a pain. I've told my wife I'm considering having a sock painted on my foot, or buying a waterproof one, so that once it's on, its by-god on for a week or so of showering and whatnot. She says that if I go around with just one sock, I can tell people that I'm saving money by only wearing one sock.

Also, I learned today that the preferred term is 'teenager'. 'Young people' or 'youth' is despised. Make a note.

2 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

Ok, I kind of think it's cool when men don't wear socks. Like some deck shoes or flip-flop sandals. Yeah, that's the look.

I don't like the term youth or young people either. Sounds so institutional.

Cerulean Bill said...

I suggested Yutes, a la My Cousin Vinny, but it was not well received.