Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday Morn

This has been a busy day. In addition to my wife working from midnight to shortly after 6, and me working from 4:30 till 8, I baked, making these Lemon Bars:
First you need to make the crust

Ingredients

1 cup soft butter
a dash of salt
2 cup flour
1/2 cup Powdered sugar

Instructions

Combine ingredients
Press mixture in 9" x 13" pan
Bake 350' - 15 minutes or slightly brown

While the crust is baking you can work on the filling

Ingredients

4 eggs beaten
1/4 cup flour
2 cup Granulated Sugar
6 tbs. lemon juice

Instructions

Combine- pour onto slightly cooled crust
Bake- 350' for 25 minutes
Cooled- sprinkle with powdered sugar cut into 1 1/2" sq


Which, as it turned out, have a nice flavor, if a bit understated. Too understated for my daughter, who liked the shortbread-like crust, but not the filling. She assured me that she still likes my brownies and cookies, though, so I suppose I should derive some solace from that. I'll bring the remainder in to work.

================

It now appears that the lawsuit which resulted in the elimination of the District of Columbia's severe gun laws was instituted by someone who used to live in a guarded apartment building in one of the better parts of the district, and now lives in Naples, Florida. He says that the District's law just offended his principles, and so he used his wealth to cherry-pick people with the right demographic mix to sue the government, and then to appeal when they lost -- he paid for the whole thing. I think his actions are despicable. I would love to see someone who now has easier access to guns show up at this guys home to personally thank him -- but, ah, it turns out that his home in Naples is in a gated community. No trash, please.

===============

Still waiting to hear about the possibility of the new job. I think I'm a good candidate, but decisions here in the Biggest Little Software Company in the Wurrld aren't always made logically, or according to visible reasons.

No comments: