Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Later That Day

Well, I feel better now. Some pizza, and a walk in the mild drizzle, helped. Of course, my wife's company in both activities helped, too. The source of the angst was Auditors, about which, I need not say more than I already have, over and over again. Anyway, that pain will come again tomorrow -- plus, we've learned, a second crew is scheduled to come right after this one -- or possibly at the same time; they don't coordinate these things.

Nothing yet on the job that I'd like to have. I talked briefly with a guy who's in that group, and he tells me that there are going to be five staffing requests put out for the position; also, that they'd really like to get an experienced person (which, as it happens, I am). Everyone wants experience; no-one is willing to pay for it. You need to pick things up on your own, and be right there when the opportunity comes. This one is coming, but -- excruciatingly slowly, I'm afraid.

No fresh news on the political front. It turns out that the president's primary spokesman has cancer, which I'm sorry to hear about; no one should have that burden. I was surprised when John Edwards said he would run for President even though his wife's cancer has returned. You make the decisions according to your own lights, I guess.

2 comments:

Narie said...

I was surprised too about Edwards, then I read this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17821116/site/newsweek/

And it made a certain kind of sense. I understand better I think.

Edwards and his wife have come into my husband's restaurant a few times, they live close by and he has spoken with them periodically. This was before Edwards announced he was running, about a year or so ago. My husband really likes them. Says they give off a warm, friendly vibe, just nice people.

Cerulean Bill said...

I like him. Not sure I'd want him as president -- I still prefer Hillary -- but we could certainly do a lot worse.