Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Food

I'm not sure if I'd ever make this recipe -- my ambivilence is clearly indicated by the fact that I didn't even save the recipe, so I'm doing this from memory -- but I have to admit, it sounds pretty good.

1) Cook some bacon -- say, eight or ten slices.
2) Slice some sharp cheddar.
3) Slice two (or four) pieces of French bread.
4) Slice a fresh Bartlett pear, fairly thin.
5) Heat a griddle.
6) Make a sandwich of the bread, cheese, pear, and bacon.
7) Butter the outside of the top piece of bread.
8) Put the sandwich on the griddle, buttered piece down, and butter the new top piece.
9) After it has browned, flip the sandwich so that the untoasted bread is on the griddle.
10) Optionally, press down on the sandwich to flatten it a bit.
11) Cook till browned.


I think I'd like eating it, but I'm not sure about the effort to make it.

No comments: