Thursday, March 29, 2007

Frizzin

Overnight the temperature dropped about twenty degrees, so that this morning it was just below freezing. I had the window slightly open, and the room was chilly. As a result, I slept the best I had in days. I really do like being snuggly warm in a cold room. Granted, I now have to go in to the office, which is a terrible thing to waste a good day on. Yesterday we found that the person who is doing an installation of a product for us -- the product that I tried a year to get in -- is, oh by the way, leaving for a different job in two weeks. Oh, and the configuration that we wanted, he now hears from his new manager (who works for the part of the company that actually makes the product in question), has the potential to be seriously unstable. But he's fairly sure we can get a replacement for him... maybe.

I asked, not all that rhetorically, why we didn't just hang up a banner that said we were looking for reasons for this project to fail.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Sounds like you need to polish your rose color glasses!

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, no, quite the contrary -- its wearing those damn things that have made us think we can get this product in. What we need are competence-colored glasses. Got any?