Thursday, February 02, 2006

...or maybe not.

Circuit City, those creeps, are out of the TV I fell in love with. Imagine!

I had gotten all wired up about the thing, too. I had even gotten to the point where I could look the cost of the thing in the eye without wincing (much) -- and I was being good; I was looking at a 32 inch one, which apparently puts you in LCD range, not Plasma range, the difference between which is only vaguely understood by me. I knew that I didn't want a big one...though I didn't know just how big BIG is, these days.

I was even able to contemplate having to buy a piece of furniture to hold it, as the hand-me-down (and still quite nice) coffee table that we use as a TV table is 36 inches wide, including a ridge that is about an inch and a half in, both sides, and the TV in question is 36.4 inches wide. Oh, hell, okay, what can it cost? Well, for someone who is not a freak about it but does like nice wood, so that when I think about wood I think polished, gleaming, ebony, walnut, inlaid with silver -- hum. Maybe I am a freak about it. But I know that even the cheap TV stands are a couple of hundred dollars. But I was even able to contemplate that! Me, who thinks its silly to buy something just to hold something else you bought!

But they're out of it.

I am trying, with minimal success, to view this as: Look how much money you saved!

No comments: