Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Clap Trap

Tonight my wife is attending a session at my daughters school, the topic of which is a two-year course in a world language that's being offered to certain students. Reading from the flyer, I asked my daughter if she had the approval of her current world language instructor, and she said casually that she was sure she did, as she had gotten honors in all three world language courses and could therefore take whatever follow on courses she wanted. I stared at her for a moment, then said quietly:... ' Think about what you just said. Now apply it to all of your courses. Doing well now opens up a world of possibilities for you.' She seemed thoughtful for a moment. I looked up, and my wife had a huge smile. We shared the Parent Look.

Course, I then blew it. My daughter has to give an oral report on her grandparent, and as I am going to be home tonight, my wife suggested she practice it with me. I said Yes ! And I suggest that for maximum impact, you do it in rap format.

(drumming and hooting)

WELL YOU BETTER PAY ATTENTION LIKE A HOMEBOY COOL
OR I'LL MAKE YOU REAL SORRY THAT YOU CAME TO SCHOOL
CAUSE THIS IS THE REPORT ON MY FATHER'S MOTHER SEE

AND I'LL EVISCERATE THE FOOL WHO AIN'T LISTENING TO ME
uh HUH!

About then, I said, your teacher will likely stop you, but the class should be cheering, shouting, and generally going wild. It'll make your rep.

She seemed intrigued by the idea. No Parent Look, though.

1 comment:

jo_jo said...

LOL!