Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Doctors

I may have mentioned on occasion that I don't like doctors.

Its not that I dislike all of them. I know two that I like -- one local, one remote. The local one, I don't see any more since she left the practice where we go to get med stuff done, and the remote one is remote in more ways than one. But still, there are those two.

Overall, though, I don't. Mostly its because they tell me things I don't want to hear, and sometimes its because they've got this attitude which plays right into the old joke about God liking to pretend He's a doctor. A bit is because they make so much money. (And I know, not all of them do , and not compared to med school bills, and no amount of money is worth the stress, and then there's the whole malpractice mess. Right. I saw the letter in Forbes about the average salary for dermatologists. I weep for them, all of them.) And some is because they don't watch out for me -- they think (foolish medfolk) that I'm old enough to do that for myself, given the facts. In fact, I'm not -- I need to be hammered and coaxed. Sorry, thats how I am.

But some, I would like to know, because they sound human. Bright, interesting, funny, insightful. (Plus, since they don't know me, they don't give me bad news.) Like the woman who does this blog. It's well written, and its worth reading. She'd be fun to talk to, I think.

No comments: