Friday, February 24, 2006

Comfort

I like being married -- its brought me a lot of pleasure, and there have been very, very few problems caused by it (in fact, I can't remember any, but there must have been some). Its a very comfortable and comforting way of life.

The latter is on my mind lately because I've been in need of comforting .Nothing overwhelming, but when you're in a dejected mood, it doesn't take much. When I was very young, I thought that the little buildings marked 'Comfort Station' held very nice people who would give you cookies and hot cocoa and generally make you feel better.

I still think that's a good idea.

1 comment:

Cerulean Bill said...

No FAIR!!!!!!!

My daughter blew me a kiss this afternoon, and when I said sternly 'What's that?', she replied 'Its an air kiss, of course!' I told her that if that was acceptable to her, then clearly giving her an air-allowance would be good, too....whereupon she came right over and kissed me. I told her 'Ok, it was a trick, but I still love your kisses', to which she replied 'Still? You mean, someday you won't?'

I pretended to think about it....