Sunday, February 12, 2006

Inspired Homebuilding

We were notified the other day that the Inspired House magazine is going to cease publication. They're offering to fill out the subscription with Fine Homebuilding.

This is a good thing, for two reasons. First, though we found that each issue of IH had interesting and novel material in it, we also found that each one beat on the drum of Smaller (but just as Expensive) is Beautiful. That got tiring. Fine Homebuilding, on the other hand, is a magazine we'd gotten before, and we generally like it.

So we're pleased.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I really like Fine Homebuilding, but find it is very difficult to get a builder to go along with the innovative ideas...they seem to have to discover them themselves!!

Cerulean Bill said...

I first heard of FH when I was reading Tracy Kidders 'House' book. I doubt there is any way (short of limiting the house to about six hundred square feet) that I could afford the level of excellence they propose in most of their articles, but its fun to read and every so often I learn something.