Sunday, March 06, 2011

Vacations

I'm tired. I was up pretty late last night. We went out to dinner, which was nice but a little spicy. Had asparagus for the first time in my life. Ate one, count it, one, mushroom. On the return, dozed off for a while, then had to get up at 3 to pick up my daughter, who was returning from a color guard trip. Slept for a couple of hours, then got up with the family, had breakfast,then crashed again. How tired am I? This tired: I don't even feel like making the effort to study French. Tomorrow, sure. Right now, no. Right now, I need some quiet. Unfortunately, its raining like hell outside. Very windy, too.

I just came across a web page talking about a luxury resort. Crystal clear water, elegant surroundings. I've never quite understood those. They're very nice, and when I've had the opportunity to stay at a Ritz or Four Seasons, I've enjoyed it. But the idea of spending a very large amount of money so that I could stay someplace elegant for a short period, create a fantasy of wealth, and then return to 'normal life' -- I'd rather do something to enhance the normal life. Taste the elegance periodically, sure. Spend a weekend at the Four Seasons in Georgetown, or the Ritz in Boston. Very nice. But a week, two weeks? Ah...not for me.

Unless you're paying, of course!

2 comments:

genderist said...

Asparagus and mushrooms? Woo-hoo! You're living on the edge!!

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm going to France. Rumor is they eat strange things there.