Friday, March 11, 2011

Doin' Stuff

Driving home, started wondering how you say 'to do' in French. I was putting together a sentence in my head, you see, and I needed to say those words. Finally, I thought 'something like fait, but not quite -- faire? Something like that? ' Which, as it turns out, it was. So I was pleased.

There's a line in The Fugitive where the marshall says about the man he's hunting that he's "eatin' oranges and makin' IDs". Tonight, I was eating chocolate and making croissants. Specifically, Spicy Maya - dark chocolate with pasilla chile, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon; quite good. Don't know how the croissants will be, but they're off to a good start -- I bought some fresh active dry yeast, and once it hit the warm water, it started to give off that yeasty aroma bakers like. So that's goodness.

No comments: