Saturday, March 12, 2011

Observation

This afternoon, I was a passenger in our van when my daughter drove herself and three girls over to a color guard event.

If teen guys - and sometimes adult guys - knew what teen girls said about them -- how they manipulate them, how they evaluate them, what on, and how they draw their conclusions (I like him because he sounds so...black; Oh, when he yells at me, I give him a pouty face and then he backs off; Yeah, she just told him that to lead him on - he really had no clue) there'd be a lot more male acceptance of bisexuality, I think. And these girls weren't even being particularly harsh. They were just giving matter-of-fact opinions. Makes me wonder what they say about me when I'm not around.

I know, teen guys do this too. I just never was part of a group when I was a teen, so I didn't know about it. And, you know? Suddenly, I think that I was lucky to be so socially awkward back then. Kept me out of the turbulence.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew I liked you haha. I was socially awkward too. Never got involved in all that drama.

Cerulean Bill said...

Wanna go out for a malt?

Unknown said...

Gee gosh. I'll have to ask my mom and be home by 8pm. What about the sock-hop next month?

Cerulean Bill said...

Ah, can't. Gotta slop the hogs.