Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Events

Some unusual stuff today.

For one, I listened to a report by an NPR reporter in Tripoli where she described some supporters of Kahdaffi as "doddering leftists and a stand up comedian", then went on to refer to the plush hotel where the reporters are being housed as 'a sort of detention center', and I thought okay, we get it, you don't like him. Well, I don't either, but that kind of grossly nuanced reporting is what I'd expect from Fox.

For another, we pick up the new vehicle tonight. New cars are a funny thing. You swear you're going to keep it clean, you're not going to drive it where it might get a ding on it, you're going to do all this stuff -- knowing that at some point you're going to realize that it's gotten dirty, there's candly wappers in the back seat, and someone dented the rear fender -- and you'll shrug and say oh, well. When does that transition happen, I wonder?

For still a third, I looked at Facebook where it says Friends on Chat, and thought On CAT? Been doing too much French, I think. And yet, and yet -- I'm doing the Immersion thing again in three weeks. Argh. I must be insane.

No comments: